I took a tour of the new barn Saturday afternoon, and guys...I'm kicking myself for not moving sooner.
|Ya'll are gonna get all kinds of tiny website photos on this post since I didn't want to be creepy taking photos on the tour yesterday.|
- Only two other boarders, total of four horses. One is my age (and is the BO, technically) and the other is a retired woman who comes out and toodles on her half Arabian, and also does stalls and feeds occasionally.
- They are perfectly set up to accommodate Connor's weirdness about catching thanks to a very intentionally laid out facility. All the stalls have dutch doors on the backside that open into a sacrifice area with nice footing, and that then opens into the turnouts, so they usually let the horses walk into their stalls. The only person that will have to deal with my hard to catch horse is me - and even then they have "more pastures than horses" so if I do want private turnout, it's no big deal.
- They still feed Tribute, which Connor is currently on.
- They use Connor's previous vet, who I have no problems with (although I do love my current vet, a fellow eventer).
- They don't allow kids, and they don't enforce their posted rules (like hours) with responsible adults, just like my current barn.
- There's enough room in trailer parking that I might be able to leave my truck there too, which would be awesome since we really don't have room for it at my downtown house. I may even be able to leave it there and hitched on days I know I need to make a quick exit to a lesson, since I can drive the Vibe there and switch vehicles.
|Indoor. BO found out I was a Dressage rider and offered to let me put up letters.|
To top it all off, I really hit it off with the BO too, and I feel nothing but good about this decision. April 30th can't come soon enough!