April 2, 2018

Busy Saturday

With the clinic coming up on Tuesday, I spent the entire day Saturday at the barn, first for a lesson and then to get a few odds and ends taken care of:

1. Finished mounting the panel the fan is hanging on in the below photo.  It's been partially complete since I put it up in October.


Not shown: added a foam bumper to the upper left corner of the chair rack so it wouldn't scratch the wall anymore.  Not noticeable: did some massive rearranging on the main wall.  I had some refining to do on my setup after living with it for six months.


2. Installed pipe insulation on the bottom of the swinging door to keep shavings out of the tack room.  Seriously could not have been cheaper.  $5 for two 6 ft sections of this stuff from Lowes, and it comes pre-sliced with adhesive on both sides.


3. Bathed the pony.  He was not very appreciative since it's not exactly hot here, but it was sunny and windy and we have hot water and he was toweled off immediately and he got to graze afterwards, so y'know, sometimes horse life is just tough, little dude.  Sorry boutcha.


4. Broke out the little clippers for ears, goat beard, bridle path, and I even trimmed his feet up and took the coarse hairs on the backs of his knees off.

5. Did his mane, tail and feathers, and boy am I proud of myself:


6. Got the back of the trailer ready for ponies!

6 comments:

  1. His tail is so damn luxurious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a super productive weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like an amazing weekend! I can't wait to hear how the clinic goes tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you guys are set to go! Looking forward to hearing about the clinic! :)

    ReplyDelete

Busy Saturday

With the clinic coming up on Tuesday, I spent the entire day Saturday at the barn, first for a lesson and then to get a few odds and ends taken care of:

1. Finished mounting the panel the fan is hanging on in the below photo.  It's been partially complete since I put it up in October.


Not shown: added a foam bumper to the upper left corner of the chair rack so it wouldn't scratch the wall anymore.  Not noticeable: did some massive rearranging on the main wall.  I had some refining to do on my setup after living with it for six months.


2. Installed pipe insulation on the bottom of the swinging door to keep shavings out of the tack room.  Seriously could not have been cheaper.  $5 for two 6 ft sections of this stuff from Lowes, and it comes pre-sliced with adhesive on both sides.


3. Bathed the pony.  He was not very appreciative since it's not exactly hot here, but it was sunny and windy and we have hot water and he was toweled off immediately and he got to graze afterwards, so y'know, sometimes horse life is just tough, little dude.  Sorry boutcha.


4. Broke out the little clippers for ears, goat beard, bridle path, and I even trimmed his feet up and took the coarse hairs on the backs of his knees off.

5. Did his mane, tail and feathers, and boy am I proud of myself:


6. Got the back of the trailer ready for ponies!

6 comments:

  1. His tail is so damn luxurious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a super productive weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like an amazing weekend! I can't wait to hear how the clinic goes tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you guys are set to go! Looking forward to hearing about the clinic! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment